At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Art Quality Designer does at BioWare:
As an Art Quality Designer, you work with the Art development team on the quality creation and implementation of Art and Animation elements.
- Determine Art Testing Strategies and implement Test Procedures for all of our Art and Animation assets on a Title.
- Provide training for our Testers so they can perform Art related testing.
- Assess the quality of completed Art tests.
- Identify opportunities for applying automated testing for our Art assets.
- Drive sharing of best practices for Art Testing across our BioWare projects.
- Report to the Development Director.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices
- Familiar with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Familiar with game Art concepts (3D Modeling and Animation)
- Assess content and completed testing sessions for completeness and quality
- Determine Test Strategies and Procedures
- Train others to perform testing using Art knowledge and software
- Diploma/Certificate or University Degree in Digital Arts, Animation or Visual Effects
- A minimum of 1-2 years in a Quality Assurance Role
- Experience with software testing methodologies
- Experience using 3D art tools (3ds Max, Maya or other popular 3D art tools)
- Experience using 3D editors (UnrealEd, Unity or other popular or proprietary game engines)
- Proficiency with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
- Familiarity with BioWare products
- Broad knowledge of console and PC games
You are encouraged to highlight how they meet these requirements in their cover letter.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.