Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Concept Artist will do at BioWare:
- Work with our Art Director, Environment Artists, and Character Artists to create immersive game environments and a cast of believable characters *emphasis on Level/Environment Concept.
- Create several additional concepts including creature design, props, and visual effects.
- Create a diverse range of character assets such as outfits, hairstyles, and head coverings.
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide.
- Translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets.
- Enhance existing concepts with detailed views, paintovers, turnarounds, and material references.
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas.
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
- Create lighting schemes and colour palettes that capture the tone of the world.
- Report to the Concept Director.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of concept experience.
- Shipped video game titles.
- Create concepts from scratch and create colour studies.
- Passion for environment design.
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience.
- Ability to think in 3D.
- Fundamental skills and a passion for architecture, landscapes, set dressing, colour, lighting, and mood.
- Experience with storytelling and concept development.
- Value working with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director, and mentor other concept artists.
- Experience in 3D modelling or sculpting packages such as 3dsmax, Maya, Blender, ZBrush, or 3D Coat.
- Sensibility for stylized, expressive faces.
- A strong preference for environment focused concept work.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.