At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Character Artist (Temporary) will do at BioWare:
- Work with our team of artists, designers, and writers to create industry-leading characters and creatures for BioWare.
- Work with external development teams to guarantee a high-quality standard of 3D art.
- Iterate and provide feedback on character and creature workflows and tools to maximize efficiency for the project.
- Report to the Art Director.
- 3+ years of experience in the industry.
- Advanced skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop.
- Experience working with external art vendors.
- Experience with character and creature anatomy.
- A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Graphic Design, or related diploma.
- Experience with the Frostbite Engine.
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.