Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are currently looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the team! Working as part of our Product Management team, the Sr Game Designer will lead the Game Design function for our two flagship games, YoWorld and FishWorld. Through your work, you will ensure that our games remain fun for our fans in the long term! Please note, this position is offered remotely.
- Pitch innovative game features that are designed to improve customer acquisition, engagement, virality and/or monetization. Overall, they must be fun!
- Work with our Engineering and Art teams to effectively implement new features and systems
- Design and plan systems, features, mechanics, and game content in addition to balancing game pacing and in-game economies to ensure and optimize long-term player retention and monetization
- Model and tune complex game systems
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- Analyze live data and player feedback to continually optimize the existing game experience
The Must Haves
- 5+ years of Game Design experience (preferably for F2P, casual/social mobile games)
- Experience with game systems design and balancing
- A strong understanding of social, multiplayer gaming
- 3+ shipped titles under the belt or have worked on several successful live ops titles
- Excellent communication skills - both in verbal and written correspondence
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for mobile and online games!
- Proficiency with Confluence, Jira, Axure, Invision, and/or other wireframing tools
- Clickable wireframe and low fidelity prototyping experience
- Experience auditing and analyzing F2P games
- Previous experience in a Lead or Senior Game Designer role, having managed one or more designers
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.