(Closed) Associate Product Manager (Events)
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re looking to add an Associate Product Manager to the team! Solidifying our live-ops team, this new role will be specifically responsible for managing and optimizing Events. Through Events, you will work to maintain the health of our games, increase engagement with our players, and contribute to monetization. Under our product umbrella, you’ll be collaborating with Product Managers and a Game Designer to plan, execute, and monitor the success of in-game events. If you are dependable, a self-starter, and detail-oriented - this is a great opportunity for someone to grow by learning best practices of free-to-play Event operations and start contributing to the team immediately!
- Work with our Product Managers and Game Designers to plan and execute in-game Events for both of our flagship games (YoWorld & FishWorld)
- Ensure the effective management, operation, and the timely release of all live Events for both games to drive player engagement and monetization
- Track, measure, and interpret Event KPI’s in order to evaluate the performance of game content and make recommendations for better practices/ideas
- Collaborate with Game Designers to ensure we’re putting out engaging new narrative content and make suggestions for improvement based on data
- Employ data analysis to identify meaningful patterns or trends and work with the Product leads to implement those improvements
The Must Haves
- 2+ years experience in an analytical or product-centric role
- Strong analytical skills, to make data driven decisions
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong quantitative problem-solving abilities
- A team player attitude
The Nice to Haves
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience in free-to-play, social games, casino games, or mobile games
- Experience in monetization and retention analytics
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
Becoming a Viking
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.