Associate Live Content Marketing Specialist
A little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings, we can continue our success for years to come.
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for someone to join our team as our new Associate Live Content Marketing Specialist. This person will be primarily responsible for managing digital content in our online games, including asset configuration and management as well as in-game marketing and promotion. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with an excellent pace of productivity, has an eye for details, and is great with people.
What You Will Do:
- Create engaging in-game promotional advertisements
- Help brainstorm creative and innovative content marketing strategies
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with a mastery in juggling multiple priorities
- Maintain and update our inventory management system to a high degree of accuracy
- Assess content desirability to appropriately align with pricing guidelines
- Use our proprietary tools to transform art team’s work into functional in-game assets
- Work alongside the Product Management, Data, and Content Design teams to drive sales and player experience
- Participate in marketing retrospectives to analyze past releases in order to repeat successes and learn from misses
- Work closely with Player Support Specialists and Community Managers to ensure that Making Fans is at the heart of all of our efforts
- Working alongside the QA team to help squash bugs
- Post secondary education or relevant work experience, ideally with experience in Marketing, Communications, or related programs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic manner (Strong Documentation Skills required)
- Demonstrable skills in accurate data input or inventory management
- Fast learner who can adapt quickly to changing expectations and processes
Nice to Haves
- Experience in LiveOps, marketing/advertising, SaaS, or related fields
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- 2+ years experience in gaming and/or LiveOps environments
- Experience in online gaming environment preferred
- Experience with Confluence and Jira preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.