As a member of Big Huge Games you will be part of a highly skilled and innovative group that is responsible for creating world class mobile games. Candidates should combine strong programming skills with a passion for games, and the ability to work well with others. Your input and technical abilities will help contribute to our long-term development and direction.
You will be working closely with client, server and tool programmers, as well as other disciplines including Art, Design, Production, QA and Analytics. Your work will involve implementing new client, server or tools code in an efficient, robust and scalable manner, as well as bug fixing and optimizing for our target platforms. We want engineers that live and breathe code, yet can still operate and communicate effectively in a highly interactive environment.
- Develop high quality tools and game features, by gathering requirements, designing solutions, implementing robust code, testing and debugging
- Create efficient, scalable, optimized code while working with 3rd party libraries and tools as needed
- Understand, conform and optimize for memory and performance limitations of target hardware.
- Participate in group collaboration and utilize engineering best practices, such as code reviews
- Work with all departments to ensure the best systems and tools to make our teams efficient and our games great
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering track
- 2+ years experience in game development, software engineering or related industry
- Self-sufficient with the ability to estimate and prioritize tasks within overall team objectives
- Ability to learn, understand, and contribute to a large established code base
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code
- Strong source control system knowledge, including Git or Perforce and Git Flow branching schemes
- Experience developing in and supporting all stages of the development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills a must
- Strong knowledge of C # / .Net Core
- Understanding of caching and database technology, including Redis, Memcached, and MySQL
- Expertise with full-stack development of game features, both client and server-side
- Familiarity with Server-authoritative architecture and programming model
- Experience developing a cross-platform mobile 2D strategy title (iOS/Android/Facebook)
- Familiarity with 2D games, including mobile and free to play model
- Unity3D Engine expertise