Senior Unity Game Engineer
Senior Unity Game Engineer
About Self Aware Games
Self Aware Games has been creating innovative, genre-defining products since 2006. A winning mix of compelling content and engaging social experiences keeps us top-of-the-charts in the social casino category. Our flagship game, Big Fish Casino, has generated more than $1B in bookings to-date making it one of the best performing mobile games ever. Self Aware Games is based in beautiful downtown Oakland, Calif., and is a business unit of Seattle-based Big Fish Games, Inc., part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
We are looking for passionate and highly creative game engineers, artists, designers, product managers, analysts (and more!) to help build the world’s #1 social gaming company. With a strong portfolio of live games and new products in development we are hiring in all disciplines. If you are a passionate game-maker who wants to innovate, contribute and hone your craft as part of a close-knit, collaborative and inclusive culture, Self Aware Games is for you. Here are a few more company highlights:
- We take care of our employees with competitive compensation, great benefits and a variety of perks including frequent team events, catered meals, commuter stipend and free professional massage.
- We are committed to employee development and advancement with opportunities for growth across Big Fish Games and the Aristocrat family of companies.
- Our beautiful workspace is open and light-filled and located in the vibrant Uptown neighborhood next to Lake Merritt and a short walk from the 19th Street BART station.
We are looking for passionate and highly creative game engineers, artists, designers, product
Join our games development team in building imaginative games enjoyed by players globally. Optimize feature for high performance to target a large audience of mobile players. Contribute to a highly customizable engine consumed by studios across the world. Create documentation to accelerate our game developers generation of high quality content. We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to drive development of new slots games in Unity. The ideal candidate will have experience with live application development, shipped games using unity, and has collaborated with remote teams.
- Develop and support new workflows for internal and external partners
- Learn new technologies and techniques and bring them to the wider engineering organization
- Solve emergent issues in complex distributed systems
- Create imaginative game experiences for a global audience
- Join an experienced team with in-depth technical knowledge of Unity and C#
- Enjoy stable work life balance actively promoted by leadership
- Independence and autonomy to make decisions & drive results within a highly collaborative team
- Provide implementation expertise for other engineering teams
- 60% New Feature Development
- 20% Documentation
- 20% Mentoring and Oversight
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years developing software in Unity
- Experience using Unity for mobile application development
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Comfortable with Linux / command line
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who is adept at working independently
- Compassionate helper
- Pride in work
- Adaptable problem solver
- Understands how to balance and communicate risk
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.