Lead Product Manager
Lead Product Manager
About Self Aware Games
Self Aware Games has been creating innovative, genre-defining products since 2006. A winning mix of compelling content and engaging social experiences keeps us top-of-the-charts in the social casino category. Our flagship game, Big Fish Casino, has generated more than $1B in bookings to-date making it one of the best performing mobile games ever. Self Aware Games is based in beautiful downtown Oakland, Calif., and is a business unit of Seattle-based Big Fish Games, Inc., part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
We are looking for passionate and highly creative game engineers, artists, designers, product managers, analysts (and more!) to help build the world’s #1 social gaming company. With a strong portfolio of live games and new products in development we are hiring in all disciplines. If you are a passionate game-maker who wants to innovate, contribute and hone your craft as part of a close-knit, collaborative and inclusive culture, Self Aware Games is for you. Here are a few more company highlights
- We take care of our employees with competitive compensation, great benefits and a variety of perks including frequent team events, catered meals, commuter stipend and free professional massage.
- We are committed to employee development and advancement with opportunities for growth across Big Fish Games and the Aristocrat family of companies.
- Our beautiful workspace is open and light-filled and located in the vibrant Uptown neighborhood next to Lake Merritt and a short walk from the 19th Street BART station.
The qualified candidate will contribute to strategy, lead execution, and own business outcomes for new feature development, game improvements, and live services performance.
This will entail conducting detailed game & competitive analyses, writing feature spec’s & designing user flows and working effectively with engineering, art, and design teams to bring innovative & impactful ideas to life.
The qualified Lead Product Manager will help drive the overall research strategy, structuring & executing A/B tests (establishing success metrics) and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis
- Conceptualize, define, design and manage development of new features that delight users and improve customer acquisition, engagement, and monetization performance.
- Collaborate effectively with creative, business, engineering, art, and design teams to ensure product requirements are delivered thoughtfully & completely.
- Understands game metrics to inform hypotheses and creates experiments with clear and measurable success goals.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts for specific features. Partner with BI teams to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations (e.g. sales, events, etc.) that improve core business KPI’s.
- Work effectively across the PM and broader organization to make the right trade-offs based on business imperatives, resource constraints, etc.
- Partner effectively, and lead projects as the business owner, with the Business Intelligence team to understand and monitor key business drivers, improve forecasting accuracy, surface risks, and identify opportunities to accelerate revenue & customer growth globally.
- Passion for mobile games & the social casino category.
- Experience as being a PM of a chart-topping game, having worked on different phases of game development cycles including pre-production and Live operation.
- Exceptional customer/player sensibility and expertise creating product/feature specs (PRD’s) with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames.
- Exceptional data analysis skills and experience with data driven, user-centric design and decision-making.
- Experience leading live mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing.
- Strong experience with writing SQL queries and ability to pull your own data for analysis
- Familiarity with consumer research practices and demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative research to inform business and/or product decision-making.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- BA/BS from a top academic institution.
- Knowledge on Slot Designs & Features
- MBA from a top academic institution.
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.