Senior Full Stack Engineer
BigBox VR, makers of Population: One, is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer who can help build the next generation of games for Virtual Reality. This individual has multiple years of experience with the Unity Editor (or other 3D game engines like Unreal) and familiar with multiplayer engineering design patterns.
We are looking for a strong communicator who loves the iterative technical and creative process. This person will have the desire to understand a product holistically and can contribute creatively, knowing when to be pragmatic and when to be blue sky. This person will make engineering trade-offs that align with business objectives while embracing teamwork, as well as solve problems independently.
- Create VR software within a highly dynamic and iterative team environment
- Design, develop, test and maintain quality code and documentation
- Work as a team, contributing to important design decisions and conversations
- Develop prototypes and experiments, while researching and recommending novel ideas, new tools, and technologies
- Test and support the game as a service
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to implement new developments, help build features, and solve creative problems
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experienced with 3D game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Experience with network programming related to game design
- Experience completing a ship cycle for a product
- Demonstrated experience working in self-managed, fast-paced environments
- Experience with rapidly learning new systems and devices
- Bachelor in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong background in AR or VR
- Comfortable working with Linux for app servers
- Experience with networking tool set like Photon, U-Net, or Mirror
- Experience working with and/or playing competitive eSports games
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]