Senior UI/UX Designer
We're a funded startup that's dreaming big. We believe the esports economy will 100x in the next 5 years and we need a technical lead who can help us make that happen. There will be huge wins and big misses. We need someone who can get in the trenches but also think strategically when we need it. This job won't be easy, but we can promise it will be rewarding.
BeyondRanked is building a first-of-its kind marketplace for gamers to book esports commentators. Before BR, commentary was only available to pro esports athletes but we're bringing the experience to everyone. With over 100 billion hours of competitive gameplay played annually, the market for this is largely untapped.
Our users book commentators for tournaments, casual matches with friends, or even their kid's birthday party. You can kind of think of it like cameo, but for esports commentators.
You'll work directly with Kyle Pendergast and Michael Tarnowski to build a world class product. Our team is completely remote and you'll work on your own time with the exception of short, daily standups. For the most part, we use discord for communication and trello for task management.
About the Role
We're looking for someone to create and manage the design framework for our team. You'll work alongside the CEO and the Head of Engineering to build incredible products for commentators, creators, and broadcast teams. You will own the design fluency of our applications from start to finish.
What will you do?
- Build a design framework that compliments and amplifies our vision.
- Create a platform that helps commentators find opportunities and earn money.
- Help hire and manage future BeyondRanked design talent.
- Deep experience with Figma.
- Experience with the agile framework and the sprint process.
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills. You enjoy documenting your work and sharing asynchronously.
- Be results driven.
- Familiarity with discord and trello
- A lover of games (competitive games are a double bonus)
- Experience designing for direct to consumer applications
How to apply
Think you're up for the job? Email the attached email with the following info:
- LinkedIn profile (and if you have other socials, feel free to share those too)
- A 1 - 2 minute video introducing yourself and why you want to be a part of BR
- Some links to cool stuff you've worked on in the past