Human Resources Manager
Beyond the Summit is seeking an enthusiastic and empathetic HR Manager to join our team. If you have a personal mission to improve the workplace for all employees as well as a love for gaming, this is the job for you! You will play an integral part in shaping our workplace culture by helping recruit and hire new employees, leading efforts to look after employee welfare, and designing policies to better our company.
The ideal candidate is passionate about fostering a culture of care and a safe environment in the workplace and is dedicated to listening to every voice at the company and ensuring that they are heard.
Beyond the Summit is a small, agile company, and you may be expected to be able to help out with a variety of other responsibilities outside of those detailed below.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Advertise and recruit for open positions via online job sites and in person career events
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop job postings
- Advertise open positions thoroughly to ensure a diverse and qualified pool of candidates apply
- Work with hiring managers to sort application data, pre-screen applications, and identify promising candidates for interviews
- Schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers (and make travel arrangements if needed)
- Help shape onboarding and offboarding processes and ensure they are consistently implemented.
- Process all hiring paperwork and ensure processes are consistently followed for all hires
- Handle all employee departures discreetly and professionally.
- Develop strong relationships with co-workers so they feel comfortable to approach you with issues.
- Conduct regular check ins with each employee at the company
- Listen to and document HR cases raised by employees. Work with company leadership to review and address these cases directly, along with any underlying issues.
- Enhance employee job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits, and organizing team building activities
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Create and implement HR related training, educational resources, and company wide seminars
- Periodically review and revise employee handbook to ensure compliance with all necessary laws. Communicate with employees to make sure all are aware of benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Organize and oversee annual employee performance review process
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Crisis management skills and experience
- Strong empathy and ability to listen without judgement
- Excellent discretion, especially with regards to sensitive issues
- Proven experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Thorough understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of California and Federal labor laws
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Resources)