Technical Artist - Rigger
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the “Applicant Privacy Notice” section below, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through this job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS JOB, SHARING THIS JOB OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE , WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW.
Bethesda Game Studio® Montreal is looking for a talented Technical Artist / Rigger to join our team and push the bleeding-edge in developing AAA games for PC and Console platforms. The technical artist main responsibilities will be divided between rigging characters and team support.
To properly support artists, from all disciplines and projects, the ideal candidate will have strong general technical art skills (Animation, Modeling, Texturing, Level Art, Lighting and VFX). This person will be proactive and driven to improve artists pipeline and technical issues.
- Skinning and rigging characters;
- Create tools to support artist’s work and connectivity with the engine;
- Develop new techniques and processes to improve art pipelines;
- Support teams in mastering their knowledge of Unity and CreationKit;
- Active in troubleshooting the team’s daily technical problems;
- Create detailed documentation about processes and procedures;
- Communicate and collaborate with the other studio’s technical artist;
- Work closely with graphics programmers on game editor tool creation and game performance maintenance;
- Contribute to the overall game experience through play testing and providing productive feedback.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios’ games;
- 5+ years’ experience in the video game industry on a similar role;
- Experience working with game engines and having shipped multiple games with it;
- Experience rigging and skinning AAA characters, including creatures and mechanical rigging;
- Good understanding of animal and human anatomy/movement;
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and 3DsMax;
- Proficient in MAXscript;
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python would be a strong asset;
- Good graphic knowledge of PBR and deferred lighting technologies;
- Self-motivated, able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work;
- Excellent team player with a collaborative/cooperative attitude, strong communication skills, and open to an iterative process;
- Candidates must submit a demo reel.