Bethesda Game Studio® Montreal is looking for a talented Technical Artist to join our team and push the bleeding-edge in developing AAA games for PC and Console platforms.
To properly support artists, from all disciplines and projects, the ideal candidate will have strong general technical art skills (Modeling, Texturing, Level Art, Lighting and VFX). This person will be proactive and driven to improve artists pipeline and technical issues. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with the programming team in the Tool and Feature development.
- Create tools to support artist’s work and connectivity with the engine;
- Develop new techniques and processes to improve art pipelines;
- Support teams in mastering their knowledge of the inhouse engine CreationKit and video-game development software;
- Assist Artists and Programmers with Lighting/Shaders development and guidelines.
- Active in troubleshooting the team’s daily technical problems;
- Supports Programmers with performance checkups, defining budgets and creates technical art guidelines;
- Coordinates and prioritises art tools requests;
- Collaborate with Programmers in a Strike team to develop tools and when required building test assets;
- Contribute to the overall game experience through play testing and providing productive feedback.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios’ games;
- 5+ years’ experience in the video game industry in a similar role;
- Experience working with game engines and having shipped multiple games with it;
- In-depth knowledge of 3DsMax and proficient in MAXscript;
- Good graphic knowledge of PBR and deferred lighting technologies.
- Self-motivated, able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work;
- Excellent team player with a collaborative/cooperative attitude, strong communication skills, and open to an iterative process;
- *Candidates must submit a demo reel*