Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities. With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Sound Designer, you will…
- Work closely with the audio team to design and create original audio content in accordance with the project's design vision
- Produce quickly and respond efficiently to demands of multiple game teams for audio assets
- Implement audio assets using multiple techniques and proprietary tools
- Work with external sound/music providers
- Playtesting and debugging of game audio systems
- Work with programming team to provide input on future direction of audio tools
- Assist in maintaining audio-related documentation
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in creating audio for games, including shipping at least one AAA title
- You have the ability to create high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
- You have excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment, recording techniques, microphones and industry-standard audio tools (Reaper, Nuendo/Cubase, Ableton, WaveLab, Sound Forge, VST plug-ins, etc.)
- You possess strong sound design & technical skills
- You are experienced in field recording techniques and equipment
- You are familiar with a variety of audio middleware applications (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- You are able to manage large-scale audio asset production
- Experience with the Creation Kit editor and Wwise audio engine
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing
- Video editing and production experience
- Experience with Jira bug tracking software
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.