ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the “Applicant Privacy Notice” section below, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through this job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS JOB, SHARING THIS JOB OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE , WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW.
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for talented and self-driven Data Analyst with strong analytical skills to join the team that is pushing the bleeding-edge AAA game development for mobile platforms. The Analyst must have knowledge and experience in data exploration and analysis to create standard and ad-hoc reports and dashboards, as well as being able to determine trends that result in actionable insights. With a deep understanding of advanced statistical methods, you want to be part of a new challenge.
- Production of regular reports on key in-game metrics;
- Design, develop, and maintain reports, visualizations and dashboards of KPIs and metrics to internal staff and executives;
- Identify and develop new metrics to help determine what is fun/not fun in the game, identify game imbalances, identify optimal strategies for monetization, etc. on a recurring basis;
- Analyze data to further understand, model, predict, segment, and monetize Bethesda’s players;
- Create models to forecast key metrics and optimize the monetization of the game;
- Mine and explore multi-dimensional datasets;
- Partner with stakeholders and departmental teams to elicit and document reporting and analytics requirements that can help them;
- Work with game programmers and game designers to ensure tracking implementation in the game will support requirements;
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource for accessing and analyzing data;
- Write complex set of SQL queries and Python scripts in order to extract and analyze big, multi-dimensional datasets with statistical modelling and visualization tools (Matplotlib, Seaborn, Tableau).
- Passion for video games;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience on a similar role developing reports, visualizations, and dashboards using Tableau Desktop or similar;
- Experience in performing quantitative analysis, statistical modelling and applied statistics, providing recommendations for stakeholders – ideally in the video game industry;
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and wrangling;
- Excellent SQL skills with the knowledge of statistical, aggregate, and windowing functions;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and/or statistical packages;
- Knowledge of Python or other programming languages;
- Strong knowledge of logical database design, relational databases, and data warehouse principles;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Business Economics, Engineering, or BI with appropriate additional experience;
- Experience in the video game industry would be a big plus;
- Good understanding of free-to-play systems and economy-in-game;
- General programming experience would be an asset;
- Prior experience working with Apache Spark and Spark SQL;
- Prior experience working in an AWS environment preferred including experience using Redshift;
- Prior experience with predictive models / Machine learning.