Backend Services Engineer
Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a qualified Full Stack Services Engineer (Mid-Level or Senior) to help create and maintain backend services along with frontend websites for internal tools. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of horizontally scalable online services in an asynchronous environment. The backend consists of microservices written in Go. Our frontend websites are developed using a combination of Typescript, React.js, and Redux.
In this role you will primarily be developing internal web-based tools to assist with the development and live operations of games.
This role has the opportunity work on a variety of technologies and solutions that span everything from gameplay features to internal tools. The duties of the role will be dependent on the candidate’s strength and interests. On-the-job training is available as long as the candidate can be highly competent in one of the following areas of responsibility on day one.
- Implement new backend services in Golang
- Develop React.js website components using Typescript
- Contribute to multiple internal web-based or native development tools
- 1+ years of professional experience writing scalable web services or distributed systems (Go, Python, Node.js, Erlang, Ruby or similar language)
- Experience with design and implementation of REST-style API
- Experience with working in Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrate a desire to continually learn and hone skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of backend Go experience
- 1+ year(s) of production React.js experience
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases and data modeling (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Experience working with source control (git, Perforce)
- Strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios games