Visual Effects Artist
Betadwarf is looking for an experienced VFX Artist that loves creating colourful, impactful and dynamic stylized effects. Supporting the game mechanics with clarity while delivering on the fantasy we’re aiming to put in the minds of players. We’re searching for a vfx artist that is ready to take our effects to the next level, and help us ensure quality and performance across multiple products. You must be ready to take responsibility and help identify areas that could benefit from your talents. We want you to make your mark on our world and our team, and join a collaborative effort to raise the quality of the worlds we deliver to the players.
At Betadwarf you will join a team of skilled and companionable dwarves, continually trying to better themselves and each other while creating highly ambitious games.
- As the primary VFX Artist you will work closely with the Art Director and the rest of the art team to best present the gameplay, with the ambition of strengthening the games’ identity and visual universe.
- Help further define and consolidate the look and expression of VFX in both Minion Masters and other projects.
- Iterate on existing VFX content, to help make the game as cohesive as possible within the day to day requirements of a live game that is already in the hands of hundreds of thousands of players.
- Help the Minion Masters production pipeline wherever your skills can apply.
- Any time not spent on Minion Masters will be spent assisting the pre-production of Project Haven, where you will help shape the pipeline and fundamental systems we use to bring the juiciness to the player.
- Make sure our vfx is performant and optimized for a broad range of target platforms.
- A kickass portfolio showcasing great stylized VFX.
- 3+ years working in the games industry as a VFX artist.
- Professional Unity 3D VFX experience.
- Good technical knowledge that can help you be independent when implementing and tweaking effects.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with optimizing vfx for low performance targets.
- Agile mindset that can handle task priorities shifting because of live demands.
- Thrive on critical feedback and input from multiple perspectives.
- A passion for playing and making games.
- Experience with mobile VFX.
- Experience making VFX for top-down games.
- Great C# skills.
What we offer
- Challenging work that needs to look juicy and impactful while supporting the gameplay.
- Freedom to influence the product and make decisions about your competences.
- A chance to be part of growing and expanding the shared fantasy world between Minion Masters and Project Haven.
What we need from you
- A link to your portfolio.
- Cover letter is not required, but will be read and factored in.
If you think you could be an Art Dwarf, send an email via the button below with the above.