(Closed) QA Intern
BetaDwarf is an ambitious venture company where we push the boundaries of co-op online games to create lifelong friendships all around and across the world and fight loneliness.
We are BetaDwarf, the makers of Forced, Showdown, and Minion Masters! We are an ambitious geek team located in Copenhagen, where we aim to push the boundaries of co-op games and create lifelong friendships all around the world through our games. Come join us as a QA Intern and let’s fight loneliness together!
As a QA Intern, you will be working together with our highly qualified QA team, and your tasks will include:
- Finding and reporting bugs and quality issues on a live product with rapid releases
- Provide feedback on game quality in visuals, design, balance, and more
- Investigating reports to replicate issues and provide crucial information in fixing them
- Author, estimate, and execute test cases for manual and automated testing
- Prepare builds, servers, and various pipeline elements to facilitate testing and development
- Work with platform portals to deploy builds and other deliverables
- Assist in improving our workflows with procedures and pipeline tools
- Black and Whitebox testing
- Making sure all our servers work correctly and in-house servers are up-to-date
- Multi-platform testing
For this role, we are looking for someone who has an IT education background (Digital Design, Programming, Game Design, etc.)
We believe you will do great in this role if you are
- Able to read codes
- Can communicate effectively with a team of designers, artists, and especially programmers.
- Eager to find solutions to often complex problems
- Analytical, and have an exceptional eye for detail
- Results- and prioritization-focused
It is a huge plus for us if you have
- Previous QA/testing or game development experience
- Technical experience - programming, software/hardware affinity, SQL
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Agile development experience
- Experience with PC, iOS, Android and Xbox platforms
- Unity3D experience
- Grand Master title in Minion Masters
We are a highly international team with English as our company language. Our company culture is very relaxed, but we take our work seriously. Therefore, as an intern with us, you will have a real impact on BetaDwarf and you will be expected to work just as passionately as everyone else in our team does. With that being said, this internship can give you the perfect start in your professional career both in the game industry and in QA. Please note that our internships are a minimum of 3 months long and unpaid.
A piece of friendly advice for you who haven’t tried our free-to-play game, Minion Masters: apply for this position first, and try our game only after that, because it is addictive! To accept our quest, send your CV and Cover Letter to us, and let the adventure begin!
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
- Free lunch
- Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
- Free coffee / tea
- Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
- Free office snacks
- Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
- Social gatherings
- Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
- Near public transit
- Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
- Free friday beers
- Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
- Skill development
- We want to take you from good to great.
- Gamified office
- If we’re not having fun, we’re doing it wrong. Join us for a game of ping pong, chess or Counter-Strike.
- New tech gear
- Are you a true Tech Savvy? Macbook, trackpad, you name it, we get you covered.
If this sounds like the place you want to start your career, please email us with your application including a cv, cover letter and portfolio.