Senior UI Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior UI Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior UI Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating user interface designs and assets utilizing a combination of traditional graphic design and technical art skills.
- Creating UI Designs and Concepts that drive the artistic goals and design vision through all phases of the game development cycle. This entails creating concepts for UI assets that are of the highest artistic quality, uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game, as a whole.
- Responsible for the art, design, and implementation of following user interface components: Front end menus and screens, in-game HUD (heads up display) elements, Various graphic images for mapping and compositing and other design elements used in game and during cinematics, etc.
- Working directly with designers to solve layout and usability issues.
- Working directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues, while adhering to their technical guidelines.
- Collaborating with the Art and Creative Directors to develop a visual style and language that enhances the gameplay and user experience.
- May need to assist with other art assets as needed, like 2D textures, marketing materials, etc.
- Independently undertaking research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals.
- Actively advancing skill set and abilities, keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- At least 6-8 years of game art production, TV, or film related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Preferred 8+ years of game art production with credit on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Unreal or other similar game engine
- Demonstrated interface animation skills using Flash, After Effects, Max, or Maya
- Demonstrated familiarity with interface styles and designs in current generation console games, DVD interfaces, and websites.
- Solid understanding of UI scripting and state machines
- Some modeling and texturing skills using 3ds Max, or Maya is a plus
- Excellent data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the UI pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes.
- Portfolio demonstrating hands-on graphic and visual design work from shipped AAA console games, websites, or other interactive software.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.