Senior Concept Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Concept Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
We are seeking a Senior Concept Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of our next AAA game.
- Create concept art that drives the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails creating concepts for all art assets including environments, characters, props, storyboards etc., while upholding the integrity of the games design, and the artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Responsible for visual development of game worlds and locations, working with the Art Director and creative leadership to conceptualize the world of Days Gone, while creating fictional consistency using a visual langue that helps tell the story of the location or asset and reflects the necessary game play or story moments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Marketing and PR teams, to provide key materials, including but not limited to, key concept, print and web art and social media assets.
- Mastery of traditional art skills including composition, painting, drawing, sketching, lighting, perspective and color theory.
- Expert in the use of Photoshop/Painter as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work, including concept art, production designs, storyboards and other visual images that demonstrate complex artistic goals in simple to follow visual images.
- Works independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision.
- 7+ years of experience in a production environment, film/tv/games.
- Strong understanding of general 3D and game art production techniques. Some understanding of 3D modeling software to create initial mockups or manipulate existing 3D files a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.