At Belong, we believe that esports can transform how people interact with each other. We are building a social gaming environment to push that vision forward. We are helping to power the explosive growth of esports globally through our suite of innovative solutions that drive the richest experiences for leading game publishers, esports leagues, corporate sponsors, and fans around the world.
Got an interest in the rapidly growing Esports industry? Well, if you have an extensive sales/account management background, and are looking to develop your career, we may just have the perfect opportunity for you, at Belong Gaming. Experience in the gaming industry is a must (preferably games retailing), because at the outset, you’ll be responsible for operationalizing our commercial and partnerships strategy, while building a small team beneath you. And, over time, you’ll take a lead role developing and leading our partnerships and commercial strategy.
- Build a high-performing function by recruiting exceptional talent and utilizing external partners fully.
- Lead, engage and develop your team and relationships, so that together, you deliver upon team accountabilities.
- Forge strong relationships with key partners and suppliers, through regular communications and meetings that deliver clear actions.
- Maximise profits and cash by negotiating the best terms possible, for commercial agreements, marketing income, partnerships and payment terms.
- Recommend and deploy pricing strategies for Belong Gaming’s retail offering.
- Grow market share across key categories by securing appropriate allocations of stock, identifying promotion opportunities and delivering exclusives products and promotions.
- Set and delivers a full year trading plan.
- Manages overstock actions weekly, ensuring maximize cash and profit delivery.
- Develop and agree challenging budgets and forecasts for all categories and accounts to stretch performance.
- Manage stock levels and propose space plans, in line with category performance and/or overstocks.
- Establish an appropriate reporting mechanism to oversee and track commercial accounts.
- Own, review and develop category and account plans throughout the year to maximize
- Attend relevant industry functions and provide feedback on market/industry trends.
- Identify new income opportunities and work alongside the account management team to unlock these opportunities.
- Contributes to specific projects and new commercial initiatives, to deliver the business strategy.
- Highlight and propose individual projects which will enhance commercial delivery.
- Experience in the games industry is essential (games retailing preferably).
- Buying experience, particularly terms negotiation and commercial agreements.
- Strong commercial understanding and financial acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to ‘take people on a journey.’
- Ability to forge strong and trusting relationships with key partners and suppliers.
- Experience of leading teams and getting the best out of people.
- An interest in leading the strategic direction.
- Comfortable working in a casual environment where the suits and slacks are out, and the T’s and jeans are in!
- You thrive in an open and friendly culture, where both the community that game with us and our employees really do live to play; a place where hierarchy is unimportant, and ego’s a no go!
What We Offer In Return
- A fun, vibrant company that is a critical part of the circa. $160bn video games market
- In addition to competitive pay, Belong Gaming Arenas offer a great compensation package including:
- Access to employee assistance program
- Great discounts with stores and leisure businesses
- Family friendly policies and personal wellbeing initiatives
- Competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance and a generous vacation allowance
Belong is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Belong, you unconditionally agree that Belong may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.