Arena Manager_ Gaming (Chicago)
WHO ARE WE?
We are BELONG. Watch, play, and or compete are on network of locations across the country.
BELONG is a network of gaming arenas, expanding from the UK across the world, combined with a vibrant digital platform. BELONG US will establish a network of arena’s, gamers, and programming initiatives, and launch integrated digital infrastructure across the United States.
Because of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for Arena Managers for various cities across the country.
Our Arena Manager oversee the delivery and quality of customer experiences within his/her Arena for internal and external customers.
The following are key responsibilities:
- Recruit and Hire Arena staff.
- Train and develop all Arena staff.
- Provide coaching and guidance to staff.
- Provide career guidance and opportunity to staff.
- Inspire and support the team’s development by conducting quality 1-1's.
- Lead and manage the Arena team.
- Set clear expectations and take personal responsibility for delivering targets.
- Ensure that any people management issues are dealt with promptly.
- Maximize the profit potential of the gaming arena and associated categories including:
- Pay to Play
- Publisher activity
- Food and Drink
- PC Hardware and digital software
- Arena time
- P&L management and costs
- Shrinkage and till losses
Events and Community Activities
- Manage the event calendar to maximize potential while maintaining customer engagement and experience.
- Event hosting- lead bookings and ensure the successful running of all events held in the arena.
- Build community through great content, activity, and service.
- Proactive customer engagement: provide exemplary customer service and ensure all customer needs are addressed.
- Facilitate and grow publisher/supplier relationships.
- Achieve and exceed sales and margin budgets.
- Manage social media engagement for the areas of responsibility within company guidelines.
- Maintenance and upkeep of equipment and accounts.
- Manage Health and Safety and Legal compliance within area of responsibility. Ensure that all food and drink is stored correctly and that use by dates are adhered to.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills & Experience Required
Three to five years of management experience in fast paced, service driven business. (i.e... retail or sales).
- Genuinely passionate and excited about the gaming experience.
- Being honest and approachable, and able to build great working relationships.
- Confident and professional with the ability to interact and engage with customers and the team.
- Previous experience in managing budgets, recruitment, and team development.
- Previous management experience in a fast paced, service driven business.
- Friendly, interested, and helpful.
Skills & Experience Preferred
- Experience of running events.
- Experience of growing social media accounts preferred.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and able to track progress on a wide range of tasks.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic.