UX Designer - Dead by Daylight
Behaviour Interactive, one of North America’s largest independent game developers and publishers, was founded in 1992. The company boasts over 600 employees in its Montreal studio and more than 200 million downloads. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands including Activision, Bombardier, La Capitale, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
The UX Designer will be responsible for creating and documenting the design of the video game's menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UX Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information to create the most gratifying gaming experience for the player. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Product Managers, Game Designers, UI designers and the Programming department.
- Conceive and create user-centric interface layout design, menu flow design and documentation (including wireframes, clickable prototypes);
- Critical and very detailed analysis of existing designs and propose improvements or adjustments;
- Challenge designer or product managers on new design, features;
- Able to anticipate UX problems on a long-term view and to propose sustainable solutions;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data in order to create the most comprehensive and streamlined experience for the player, while staying in-line with game design intention and graphical and technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the UI, Design, and Programming teams.
- Able to organize playtest, research or focus group and analyze data.
- At least a first experience in User Experience (or equivalent) in the video game industry.
- Strong experience designing UX for videogames;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, et Flash;
- Have a strong understanding of usability and interface ergonomics;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strength and weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Experience with the Unity Engine or Unreal4 is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.