UI Artist - Internship - Winter
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
As a UI Artist intern at Behaviour, you will work on building user interfaces in our games. Concretely, you will participate in the conceptualization and creation of visual associated with a game’s menus and Heads-Up Display (HUD).
In This Role You Will
- Build the iconography of the menus in the game;
- Create the menus’ flow, layout, and assets;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data to create mood boards;
- Build visual mock-ups;
- Work closely with the team.
What we’re looking for :
- Knowledge of UI concepts in videogames;
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop;
- Understanding of typography concepts, color theory, and layout design
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Strong interest in the video games industry;
- Understanding of the artistic direction, the technical, and the game’s graphical requirements.
A Portfolio Is Required With Your Application.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, Qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.