Technical UI Designer - Dead by Daylight
As a Technical UI Designer, you develop, document, and support the user interface art pipelines and techniques used on Dead by Daylight. You use visual scripting, Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4, as well as your knowledge of materials, shaders, and animation to bridge the technical, artistic and programming aspects of the game. Well organized and structured, you help streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. You also work in close collaboration with gameplay programmers, UI programmers, UI designers, and VFX artists to craft an engaging player experience.
In this role you will :
- Propose innovative solutions to UI technical or artistic challenges and assist in the creation of high quality visuals;
- Optimize pipelines by implementing, developing and introducing efficient production guidelines for UI content;
- Teach pipelines and processes;
- Fix bugs and simplify tech documents;
- Work closely with other developers and designers to create and continually improve UI across the game.
What we're looking for :
- Understanding of programming, shaders creation and animation principles;
- Working knowledge of graphic design, Blueprint, Visual Scripting, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- UI design experience and attention to detail, as demonstrated in a great looking design portfolio;
- Problem solving and organizational skills;
- Great interaction skills as you will have to coach/teach and clearly communicate your ideas;
- Game engine production experience (ideally Unreal 4) is an asset;
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.