The technical animator works with the animation team to bring to life a large variety of characters and objects.
They are responsible for the technical aspect of the animation and works to define the animation pipeline.
They must have a great sense of observation, a good knowledge of a videogame production pipeline, and can produce scripts and tools to maintain and increase the efficiency of the animation team.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
- Submit your portfolio along with your resume;
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
- Be available to work 37.5 hours a week.
Internships dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the technical aspect of the animations, rigging and integrating animation assets into the game engine;
- Collaborate and maintain the animation pipeline;
- Produce scripts and tools to maintain and increase the efficiency of the animation team.
What we're looking for:
- Portfolio and resume demonstrate technical skills like rigging and skinning as well as a good understanding of the principles of animation.
- Knowledge of unity and/or unreal (plus);
- Knowledge of MEL script and Python (plus);
- Good knowledge of human anatomy;
- Expertise in Maya or another equivalent 3D software;
- Passion for animation and video games;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.