System Programmer - Emerging Platforms
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are now looking for an experienced System Programmer to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different basic functionalities in craft, optimization and adaptation from a platform to other ones.
What will you do ?
- Code in C++ engine-related items ;
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems ;
- Diagnose and solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage and performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine ;
- Work closely with cross-displine teams including programmers, designers, animators and artists ;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that some of our games will be live and online ones ;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
- 5+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work and of editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, inclusing PC, console and mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability and power
Would Be Considered As Assets
- Development experience with Unreal
- Development experience with Windows
- Experience in physical effect programming of games
- Experience in streaming and downloading dynamic assets and levels
- Experience in creation of automated video game test systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability.