System Programmer - C++
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are looking for experienced System Programmers to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and implementation of different systems that make up a game at the engine, platform or gameplay levels.
- Code in C++ engine-related items ;
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems ;
- Integrate 3rd party middleware for specific needs (audio, animation, compression, …)
- Diagnose and solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage and performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine ;
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including programmers, designers, animators and artists ;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that some of our games will be live and online ones ;
- Help tools programmer if needed to integrate new engine functionalities in content creation pipeline ;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
- 5+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work and of editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC and console
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability, and power
Would be considered as assets :
- Development experience with In-House C++ Engine
- Development experience with Consoles
- Experience with various middleware (Wwise for example)
- Experience in streaming dynamic assets and levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.