Programming Technical Lead, Dead by Daylight
We are now looking for a Programming Technical Lead to help us develop and constantly recreate the best possible version of Dead by Daylight.
You would join and lead - a team where everyone shares a common interest in programming, improving our users’ gaming experience and our games in general. Together we try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users at all times and we would love for you to be part of this effort.
In this role, you will:
- Implement critical modules of major features of the game;
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members;
- Conduct performance and memory optimizations when necessary;
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features implemented by peers are of top quality;
- Work with the Technical Director on defining the technical needs for the projects;
- Provide tasks estimates for major features;
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations;
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development;
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a game production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.).
What we're looking for:
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code;
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.