Programming Technical Lead - Business Solutions
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are now looking for a Programming Technical Lead to help us develop and constantly recreate the best possible version of the game engine-based experiences created for our corporate clients.
You would join and lead - a team where everyone shares a common interest in programming, improving our users’ gaming experience and our games in general. Together we always try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users and we would love for you to be part of this effort!
What will you do?
- Implement critical modules of major features of the experience
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members
- Conduct performance and memory optimizations when necessary
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features implemented by peers are of top quality
- Work on defining the technical needs for the projects
- Provide tasks estimates for major features
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.)
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code and 2-4 years experience as a lead
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming
- You can prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
- You have a strong sense of leadership and enjoy helping others other members of your team progress and own their skills
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
- You are fluent in both French and English
That would be great if you are already familiar with:
- Unity and Unreal Engine 4
- Online multiplayer game programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.