Level/Game Designer - Internship Fall 2021
Behaviour allows companies to leverage the power of gaming technology through our dedicated Business Solution team, and we’re seeking a versatile designer to work with us! Sound like something you’d like to do? Send us your resume and tell us about your interest for the role.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
- Submit your portfolio along with your resume;
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
- Be available to work 37.5 hours a week.
The internship dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
- Design & optimize game features, player progression and live ops content based on feedback, metrics and business goals;
- Work closely with programmers and artists to implement your designs;
- Follow the Creative Director vision’s, creating game design mechanics and level accordingly;
- Create grey block level layouts, and place obstacles, props, rewards, and other interactive triggers as first-pass level designs;
- Playtest and refine level layouts, and embrace feedback to ensure the desired experience is met;
- Follow established conventions for level sizes, boundaries, distances, paths, chokepoints, etc;
- Implement scripted story sequences or events in levels when conditions are met.
- Academic or working experience in game and level design;
- Good knowledge of games design and balancing;
- An understanding of gameplay flow, pacing, encounter setups;
- Ability to write design documents describing the above;
- Familiar with Unity and/or Unreal Engine and related tools;
- Experience with Maya, an asset.