Head of Growth Marketing
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are looking for an accomplished Head of Growth Marketing to lead the development and operation of the company’s user acquisition, digital marketing and CRM teams.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Growth Marketing will drive both the strategy and execution of top-of-funnel lead generation and customer lifecycle marketing for our PC, console and mobile titles. You will focus on optimizing and expanding the channel mix, lowering customer acquisition costs, improving conversion and retention, and leveling up our tracking, reporting and forecasting abilities to maximize our multimillion-dollar annual demand-generation budget.
The Head of Growth Marketing will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Brand and Creative to develop innovative multichannel campaigns, as well as with our game teams, providing consumer data and insight for the development of revenue-focused and retention-focused features.
- Lead our direct-response customer acquisition efforts and develop channel strategies to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets to deliver profitable growth and greater market share
- Oversee and direct the work of a team of digital marketers responsible for user acquisition, CRM, media buying, web strategy, and direct-response analytics
- Build broad awareness, retention and revenue growth for our games via trackable consumer marketing channels including mobile, social, and programmatic
- Work with finance, business intelligence, and biz ops teams to construct a marketing attribution model, and track, forecast and report on results to senior management
- Use performance-marketing data to develop consumer insights that can inform future product decisions
- Stay current with advances in online marketing, new channels, and evolving technologies in order to drive new growth
- Inspire, develop and continue to grow our digital marketing team
- 10+ years of direct-to-consumer digital advertising experience
- 4+ years leading a team of consumer marketing professionals
- 4+ years of total professional experience in mobile advertising
- BA or Advanced degree from a leading institution preferred
- Entrepreneurial and operationally minded, with sound fiscal judgment
- Strong ability to recruit, grow and develop best-in-class marketing talent
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Operational understanding of your team’s contributions to the business P&L
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions that you can translate into results
- Skilled in working with large data sets and building CPA/ROI models to drive profitable results at scale
- Fluency in Tableau, SQL, R and/or other business analysis tools preferred
- Excellent English communication & presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of and passion for video games
Personal Attributes and Values
- Solid leadership experience and demonstrated ability to guide, develop and retain a growing team: set goals, delegate responsibilities, hold team members accountable for outcomes, and provide thoughtful, learning-oriented feedback
- Works diligently to build consensus while embracing healthy conflict based on a foundation of trust in order to reach the best possible outcomes
- Capable of handling difficult conversations; does not defer them unduly, and can teach others how to do the same
- Decisive, value-based approach to resource investment and departmental planning
- World-class communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels of the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.