Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is looking for a particularly gifted and versatile Concept Artist to participate in the development of its game.
The Concept Artist will work in a cooperative and interdisciplinary team environment to conceptualize the universe of the game.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in conceptualization, design and illustration of a wide range of environments, objects, characters and architectures. An academic understanding of the form, structure, color and exceptional lighting and a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position.
- Create digital paintings inspired for the marketing and production teams;
- Create sketches, studies and designs of characters, accessories and special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paintovers);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas and knowledge, and undertaking research and gathering of data before starting a new task to ensure effective management and achievement of the objectives by identifying the graphic requirements of the game, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction and the technological requirements;
- Responsible for designing and presenting the visual style of the game while respecting the artistic vision given by the Artistic Director;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the details required to reach final and specific concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, drawing, art, visual arts or equivalent or related fields;
- At least 3 years experience as a conceptual artist / Illustrator
- Experience with 3D (Maya, 3dsMax) software;
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light and atmosphere and how to use them correctly in the reproduction of the concept;
- Be able to quickly express the vision in terms of linear art and color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition and interpretation;
- In-depth knowledge of drawing software solutions; for example, Photoshop;
- Solid base for traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, and illustration;
- Be able to work in a variety of styles and specific styles, also sometimes produced by another artist or artistic director;
- Autonomous, good communicator and an excellent team player;
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes according to dates and onerous deadlines;
- Unconditional lover of video games;
- The ideal candidate has previous and relevant experience in the field of video games, film or in an agency and understand the workings of creation of digital art;
- Ability to adapt easily to change Good oral and written communication;
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.