Backend Programmer - Central Technologies
Behaviour is looking for a talented Backend programmer (Node.js) to work within our Corporate Technologies group that develops and supports the tools game productions teams need in order to deliver an outstanding experience to millions of players worldwide. Our primary tool is our backend-as-a-service (BaaS) that is used as the central point to store player data and established interactions between players.
In this role, you will:
- Develop new server features and maintain existing code base;
- Write the specifications before undertaking the development of new features;
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve code robustness;
- Work closely with other programmers to provide gaming server-compliant services;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize the code, considering that the live and online status of the game.
What we're looking for:
- Experience and knowledge of the REST and WebSocket communication protocol;
- Work experience (development and deployment) with web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure;
- In-depth experience and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
- Extensive experience and knowledge of data modelling with a focus on performance and maintenance;
- Experience in load testing with distributed load generators;
- Bonus point Development experience in a Linux environment;
- Bonus point Web application development experience with React and/or Angular;
- Bonus point Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (networks, CPU, memory, IO);
- Bonus point Server/client development experience, including security and network traffic management.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.