3D Environment Artist
The 3D environment artist uses their talent to dress up the playable areas created by the level designers. In this role, you will be responsible for producing high-quality environments and ensuring their finish and viability in the game. You have an eye for those little details that make the difference and you are known for your harmonious compositions. Your interest in architecture is certain, as well as nature and vegetation, and you know how to create atmospheres that captivate players. You don't hesitate to share your experience with others, you adapt easily to different artistic styles and you inspire your colleagues!
In this role, you will:
- Create the various elements required by the production of the game environments including textures and materials;
- Adjust the lighting and adapt it as needed;
- Ensure an ideal performance of the game by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and by promoting the optimization of artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other stakeholders in order to fully understand the needs and requirements of game design.
What we're looking for:
- Diploma from a recognized 3D school;
- 4 years of experience in 3D modeling including 2 in mobile video game development;
- Mastery of the modeling component of Maya software. Relevant experience with any other equivalent software will be considered;
- In-depth knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer, Z-Brush and Photoshop;
- Relevant development experience with Unity;
- Understanding of PBR (physically based rendering) techniques;
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games;
- Ease of managing priorities;
- Fluency in French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.