Beastcoast is a young but growing esports organization based in New York City. We are looking to hire a dedicated video editor who is passionate about video games to help our team create dynamic and engaging content about our players and community.
As the beastcoast videographer, you will be responsible for shooting all beastcoast content across all our social media platforms. This includes transporting, setting up, and operating equipment; and assisting with staging, set preparation and styling. Must be willing and able to travel frequently to capture footage on location at tournaments and other events. Applicants must be based in or willing to move to New York City, and must provide a demo reel, written cover letter, and resume of past experience.
- Must always be on their toes and ready to capture important moments on film
- Willing to travel to events locally and internationally to capture interviews, b-roll, and vlog footage
- Must keep up to date with industry best practices and consistently monitor content activities of our competitors
- Use knowledge of multitude of social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Instagram TV, and YouTube to create platform appropriate content
- Conduct video interviews with talent and staff in a professional and productive manner
- Ability to transport, set up, and operate all production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, camera gimbals, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for on location and studio production
- Capable of working independently within tight deadlines as well as alongside a small team
- Assisting in developing interview questions and storyboards for videos
- Consistently deliver footage to Editors on time and in an organized manner
- Proficient in operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Position responsibilities may change to fit production needs
Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience with entire production pipeline including storyboarding
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- Basic editing experience within adobe suite
- Google Suite fluency required
- Deep knowledge of videography best practices and equipment
About the Position
- Competitive compensation
- Based in New York City
- Join a small but expanding team in a quickly growing sector.