We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our vehicle game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.
In order to support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking an experienced Senior Tools Programmer, who can work independently, and be entrusted with long-term development projects. If you are excited to support us in working on the diverse tools for the BeamNG.drive game, come on over!
- Design, implement and optimize the tools to support multiple projects
- Maintain the development of the technology, systems, and data pipelines
- Lead & manage communication between the dev and game production team
- Implement and maintain frameworks and policies that promote collaborative accountability for debugging functions
- Maintain and add new features and tools for a game world editor which is written in Lua, using Dear Imgui for UI, and with core functionality in C++
- Test, document, and support the implementation of the tools
- Proven professional experience with a minimum of 3+ years in C++ & LUA
- Ability to work with C++/ LUA, especially for usage in engine and tools applications
- Experience working as a Tools Programmer in the game industry
- Experience with Immediate Mode GUI
- Have a great passion for developing great tools/UX for game development
- Spearhead technical projects and ready to work independently
- Ability to design & code a tool from scratch
- Communicate and express your ideas & thoughts to other teams and stakeholders
- Desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of unique physics engine simulation game: like us
- Excellent communication skills in English (Oral and written)
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process starts with an introductory call with our HR team, continues with a coding challenge, a technical interview, and finally a stakeholder interview.
Our journey began in 2013 and we've continued to expand as an independent studio since then. We are a team of over 70 employees of 26 nationalities with a headquarters in Bremen, Germany, and we are always on the lookout for expert talent to join us!
We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets, and all of them play a vital role in helping us establish and nurture the company's culture and values. We are a guild of innovators, artists, engineers, and designers, who appreciate and embrace the diversity of our perspectives and know-how to apply them to grow together as a community and foster a healthy work environment.
Together, we are building a safe and inclusive atmosphere, with transparent processes to amplify individuality, empathy, respect, creativity, and continuous learning for all employees. Regardless of your identity or background, we would be happy to welcome your application if you feel inspired and want to become a part of our team! Skip writing lengthy cover letters and tell us more about your passion for gaming and why specifically BeamNG. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet all the criteria for a specific role, feel free to submit an unsolicited application.
To minimize bias throughout the hiring process, please submit your application in English.