Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Technical Recruiter to help us attract top talent to work on our currently released and upcoming games.
Reporting to the HR Generalist, the Technical Recruiter will work alongside hiring manager to determine position requirements, define candidate personas, and build effective sourcing strategies to attract exceptional candidates to create a continuous resource pipeline.
- Working closely with the HR Department and hiring managers to determine candidate qualifications, job requirements and tailor sourcing strategies to individual roles to attract top industry talent
- Develop and maintain a consistent pipeline for roles using conventional and new sourcing techniques for creative and technical roles
- Promote our employer brand utilizing social media networks and in person networking events, raising Beamdog brand awareness
- Maintain candidate databases via application tracking software (Bamboo HR)
- Screen candidates for best fit for our various positions, facilitate initial technical interviews and testing for candidates.
- Coach hiring managers and provide valuable hiring advice through the recruitment process
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience and proactively improve our recruiting processes
- Continually research and analyze best recruitment and sourcing strategies and employ them accordingly
- 1+ years of technical sourcing experience, preferably in the gaming/high tech industry
- Familiarity with a variety of sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Experience using an ATS or HRIS system preferred
- Fiercely independent and values oriented with a strong emphasis on delivery positive and great candidate experiences
- Creative and resourceful
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Comfortable with computers and familiar with the Google Apps suite
**Beamdog will consider candidates with game development experience (technical) and an interest in recruitment.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.