Are you passionate about games and constantly find yourself in the depths of Discord and Subreddits jumping in with suggestions? Or maybe you spend your evenings Twitch streaming and creating content for your channel.
Beamdog, the company behind Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions have flipped the script and have a little something fantastical brewing. We are looking for that special Community & Socials Manager to break down barriers and build a community from the ground up.
This is an exciting time to join us!
- Develop the single defining voice for our brand, engaging and advocating for the player community across multiple channels
- Plan and implement community engagement campaigns and strategies
- Jump in and communicate with the community daily, create posts and content, respond to reviews and create tickets
- Clearly understand, articulate and escalate feature requests and technical issues from the player base to the development team
- Identify opportunities for the brand to engage in wider cultural conversations and engagement trends
- Setup guidelines and best practices for use across socials and within our Discord community
- Develop comprehensive social media and community reports and insights through the use of analytic tools
- Develop content to support the community and enrich their experience such as blog posts, patch notes, newsletters, podcasts, etc
- Produce live streamed and recorded content to drive site traffic
- Work with the senior management team to maintain alignment of overall strategy
- Track and manage game reviews on stores, sometimes responding to turn negative reviews into positive ones
- Be a strong and confident writer with a great wit and a good understanding of pop culture
- Have a thick skin and a strong moral compass - it can often be challenging to filter through the noise and pick out the key messages
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement
Nice to have
- Photoshop, Canva and/or basic video editing skills
- PC gaming experience
- Jira Service desk or similar support ticket systems experience
Candidates applying for this position must submit a cover letter demonstrating their writing capabilities by expressing their involvement in the Game Community in addition to their interest in the position. Your cover letter or resume must include links to any relevant social media profiles. (twitch name/info, gamer tags, relevant Instagram or twitter handle, name and involvement or participation level in local or non local game club information etc.)
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.