Senior Java Developer (d/m/f)
“You can’t be the best player if you don’t have the best team in the world.” - Niko
The world of esports is experiencing explosive growth and with that growth comes a wealth of opportunities. In a billion-dollar industry, where data is king, we at Bayes Esports have claimed our place as the newest leader in the market.
With our cutting-edge technology-driven products, we solve real issues that esport organizers, teams and media companies are facing everyday backed up by our very own machine learning algorithms. Partnerships with some of the biggest names in the esports and betting industries put Bayes Esports in a unique position that allows the team to make a real impact in this vibrant and exciting space.
We are passionate gamers at heart—a small, agile team of esports veterans building a truly innovative next-generation data distribution platform. Join us in the heart of Berlin, where startup culture meets metropolitan lifestyle, and work with top talents from all over the world.
About the Role
Do you want to contribute to the growth of the esports industry, build a scalable data platform and test yourself in a highly flexible environment?
At Bayes You will work very closely with a multidisciplinary team composed of: a product manager, backend and frontend developers and a UI designer.
What you will work on:
- A portal providing professional teams with esports in-game data
- A video streaming platform aimed at transmitting professional esports matches
- An esports live data delivery platform catering to a diverse portfolio of customers
- Tools that handle the end to end operations of our data delivery pipeline
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, Redux, SCSS, Bootstrap
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm
- Strong understanding and extensive (5+ years) experience in working with Java and within a modern Java environment.
- Experience working with distributed messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar) at enterprise scale
- Knowledge of database systems (Redis, Postgres)
- Experience architecting and building large software projects
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in developing and maintaining a service-based architecture
- Experience with managing cloud-based services
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Willingness to participate in customer conversations and calls
- Passion for esports or gaming
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with OCR technologies
What we have to offer:
- Internal training sessions self-organized by your colleagues
- People development
- A budget for external training
- Flextime and sensible working hours including a generous home office policy
- Gaming rooms to play and crush your enemies with your colleagues
- Company bar with free drinks
- Free coffee and water to stay focused and hydrated
- Free fruit for a healthy snack, as well as free cereals and yoghurt
- Free massages once a month (if you want), foot massage equipment and a massage chair
- Opportunity to go to Esports events
- Company subsidized Public Transportation ticket
- Visa and relocation assistance provided (if needed)
We follow the government recommendations in relation to the Covid measures.
We accept candidates from all over the world, if they are willing to relocate. We assist with the Visa process.