Senior Java Developer (d/m/f)
“You can’t be the best player if you don’t have the best team in the world.” - Niko
The world of esports is experiencing explosive growth and with that growth comes a wealth of opportunities. In a billion-dollar industry, where data is king, we at Bayes Esports have claimed our place as the newest leader in the market.
With our cutting-edge technology-driven products, we solve real issues that esport organizers, teams and media companies are facing everyday backed up by our very own machine learning algorithms. Partnerships with some of the biggest names in the esports and betting industries put Bayes Esports in a unique position that allows the team to make a real impact in this vibrant and exciting space.
We are passionate gamers at heart—a small, agile team of esports veterans building a truly innovative next-generation data distribution platform. Join us in the heart of Berlin, where startup culture meets metropolitan lifestyle, and work with top talents from all over the world.
About the Role
The Bayes team is looking for a Java Developer who knows what’s going on and who is a great addition to our highly skilled development team. We are looking for people who are looking for a challenge and want to achieve something.
- Develop and maintain our transformative platform for esports data distribution
- Help us to improve and expand data integration pipelines
- Work with our DevOps team to improve the reliability of our system
- Create APIs to deliver our data to customers
- Have an eye for improvements in regard to performance and code quality
- Build, deploy and maintain our cloud-based services
- Strong understanding and extensive (5+ years) experience in working with Java and within a modern Java environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a service-based architecture
- Experience working with distributed messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar) at enterprise scale
- Experience with managing cloud-based services
- Experience with Agile methodology
- A fast learner who is highly motivated and independent
- Flexible and highly adaptive to changing business priorities
- Output-oriented way of working
- Good problem solving skills (able to break down problems and troubleshooting bugs effectively)
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Experience with Hibernate, SpringBoot
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with game engines: Source Engine, Unreal Engine, Unity.
- Experience with OCR technologies
- Any skills or experience in reverse engineering computer games.
- Passion for esports, gaming, and technology
What we have to offer:
- Internal training sessions self-organized by your colleagues
- People development
- A budget for external training
- Flextime and sensible working hours including a generous home office policy
- Gaming rooms to play and crush your enemies with your colleagues
- Company bar with free drinks
- Free coffee and water to stay focused and hydrated
- Free fruit for a healthy snack, as well as free cereals and yoghurt
- Free massages once a month (if you want), foot massage equipment and a massage chair
- Company subsidized Public Transportation ticket
- Opportunity to go to Esports events
We follow the government recommendations in relation to the Covid measures.
We accept candidates from all over the world, if they are willing to relocate. We assist with the Visa process.