(Senior) Director People Operations (d/m/f)
“To be a good leader in CS or in life.You need to put people before yourself.” - TaZ
The world of esports is experiencing explosive growth and with that growth comes a wealth of opportunities. In a billion-dollar industry, where data is king, we at Bayes Esports have claimed our place as the newest leader in the market.
With our cutting-edge technology-driven products, we solve real issues that esport organizers, teams and media companies are facing everyday backed up by our very own machine learning algorithms. Partnerships with some of the biggest names in the esports and betting industries put Bayes Esports in a unique position that allows the team to make a real impact in this vibrant and exciting space.
We are passionate gamers at heart—a small, agile team of esports veterans building a truly innovative next-generation data distribution platform. Join us in the heart of Berlin, where startup culture meets metropolitan lifestyle, and work with top talents from all over the world.
About the Role
While teams at Bayes are working hard to fulfill our vision and mission, we contribute by making sure our teams have everything they need. We are the glue, maximizing how individuals work as teams, and how teams work as a company. Our mission is to attract top professionals across all functions and levels of seniority, and help them grow. To us, company culture is everything.
From recruiting to employee development, from corporate culture to team satisfaction, from designing incentive and perk programs to finding out what gets our folks out of bed, you are the architect of such company culture. You have extensive experience in managing People Operations and a strong drive to support individuals and teams in order to maximize their potential. You have a knack for understanding what drives each and every individual in their own way, and you have a strong sense of morale and fairness. You find great joy in analysing and quantifying the good and the bad in the company, identifying hidden pain points and rolling out initiatives to make Bayes an ever greater place to work. Your goal is simple: For Bayes to be an amazing place to work for.
- Employee Relations: Counsel stakeholders by providing advice on managing employees and employee and labor policies
- HR Compliance: Support stakeholders in implementing and complying with People Ops strategies, objectives, and policies
- Organizational Design: Cultivate the ideal culture in cooperation with stakeholders
- Training and Development: Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver employee training programs, employee feedback, and facilitate performance management
- Benefits and Perks: Plan, direct, and manage all People Operations initiatives (e.g, incentive and development programs)
- Budget and Compensation: Oversee business planning, and budget development of People Operations programs
- Staffing: Plan and coordinate hiring needs and recruitment in cooperation with stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labor Relations, or any other related field
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Up-to-date knowledge of German employment laws and regulations
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge and ability to communicate company policies and enforce decisions within your authority
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong budgeting skills
- Training and development skills to attract, retain, and maximize employee performance
- Experience with HRMS software Personio
- Experience working in a major tech company
- Interest in Gaming and/or Esports
What we have to offer:
- Internal training sessions self-organized by your colleagues
- People development
- A budget for external training
- Flextime and sensible working hours
- Gaming rooms to play and crush your enemies with your colleagues
- Company bar with free drinks
- Free coffee and water to stay focused and hydrated
- Free fruit for a healthy snack, as well as free cereals and yoghurt
- Free massages once a month (if you want), foot massage equipment and a massage chair
- Company subsidized Public Transportation ticket
- Opportunity to go to Esports events**
We’re looking forward to reviewing your application (cover letter & CV).