(Closed) Visual Web Designer (Contractor per hour) - B2B
What's more exciting than creating products for the fast growing esports industry? Building them with a team of extremely talented and collaborative people! If you are a passionate about visual design and interfaces, this role is for you.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating beautiful landing pages. At Battlefy, you will be instrumental in helping our business grow. Work with world class teammates who are determined to win. You will create amazing web experiences with giants like EA, PUBG, Riot Gaming, Blizzard, and more.
- User-centric: An avid champion of user research, design principles, a continuous learner, and a team player who understands that process, critique, and iterations are as important as the final solution.
- Collaborative: An expert communicator and presenter. You are able to justify your design decisions and rationale to everyone in the company from sales, to business, to engineering and product.
- Proactive: You are always looking for problems to solve and ways to improve yourself and the designs. You are a team player who knows when and how to extract constructive feedback from others.
- Sketch, wireframe, and design beautiful mockups for a variety of clients.
- Deliver desktop and mobile development ready micro-sites.
- Get feedback from the design team on your iterations.
- Collaborate with the content strategist to ensure that the language and copy align with the client's objectives.
- Export graphical assets from your designs in seamless developer hand-off.
- Design beautiful interfaces which show only the amount of visual information necessary, no more no less.
- Create visual assets for marketing assets that promote client landing pages.
- Iterate on launched micro-sites as needed.
- Occasionally make compelling pitch decks for our Business Development team to tell our product's story.
To be successful in this role, you have..
- 2+ years experience
- Experience working in an agile, inter-disciplinary collaborative environment to see the implementation of designs through product development.
- An online portfolio demonstrating experience creating high-quality, thoughtful and beautiful interfaces.
- A passion and deep understanding of visual design, colour theory, typography, and layout.
- An understanding of current web standards, cross platform compatibility and web usability principles.
- Strong organizational skills to execute projects from conception to launch, independently and in collaboration with other team members
- Strong communication skills to share expertise with the team and to internal stakeholders
- Careful attention to detail as well as flexibility to adapt to changing business needs
- A basic understanding of user-centric thinking and design.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe CC.
If you are remote, depending on where you are, we kindly require that you work in Vancouver hours (PST) as most of our clients are in North America.
- Worked in a startup environment and are used to wearing different hats
- Have experience in organizing, playing in esports tournaments or games
Hourly rate, paid every two weeks as work comes in.
Amount of hours per week is dependent on the needs of our Business Development team to ensure we deliver amazing web and marketing experiences for our clients.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank you for your interest in Battlefy!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.