Software Engineers are an essential part of Battlefy's Product Team. Working closely with designers and product managers, we implement and maintain the user experience and underlying production systems. We make the most of modern tools like React, Storybook, ES6, and even our next-generation apps are built with React Native.
In Vancouver, the Engineering team is building world-class software to ensure our global customers, players, and esports organizers have a great competitive experience on Battlefy.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
- A passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion
- A relentless advocate for engineering excellence, dedicated to coaching and mentoring others
- A product thinker, who balances user pains and business needs while being pragmatic in making data-informed decisions
- An expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to collaborate with sales, marketing, user experience, product managers and other engineers
- Great with time management, delivering quality experiences before deadlines
- Constantly curious, always looking to learn and increase your knowledge
- Passionate about the spirit of competition (gaming, traditional sports)
- Engineer reliable and maintainable software to meet the application and infrastructure needs of our esports competitions
- Ensure user data is handled and stored securely across all systems
- Wear many hats working across Engineering, DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Set professional goals and do everything in your power to surpass them
- Embody our core values by being people-first, exhibiting your determination to win, and continuously improving.
- One or more years of work experience building and maintaining software for brands and B2B customers
- You have built and/or maintained ambitious React applications
- You have worked in a fast growth environment with teamwork being the foundation of achieving objectives
- You know what technical debt is -- you're pragmatic and know when to make trade-offs between architectural purity and reality
- You either know or are able to demonstrate that you can master the following:
- React or similar modern frontend libraries/frameworks
- MongoDB, Postgresql, Redis
- Amazon Web Services
Bonus Points if you…
- Have worked in startup environments
- Have experience in organizing or competing in esports tournaments
- Write blog posts
- Do tech talks at local events
- Ran your own venture (even if it failed)
What you’ll get
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Company hardware (MacBook Pro)
- Company sponsored team-building events
- Much more...