(Closed) Product Designer
What's more exciting than creating products for the fast growing esports industry? Building them with a team of extremely talented and collaborative people! If you are a passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited individual who thrives in taking ideas from concept to market, this is the role for you.
At Battlefy, design has a seat at the table. It's woven into our entire organization. We love pushing buttons and challenging the status quo - whatever it takes to make the best product! Product managers do not manage designers. Designers are not simply in charge of making things usable. Product managers and designers are thought partners. We're an extremely collaborative team.
- A meticulous full-stack designer that works across systems, information architecture, interactions, aesthetics, and prototyping. You will be accountable for delivering the best end-to-end experience.
- An expert communicator and presentor. You are able to justify your design decisions and rationale to everyone in the company from sales, to business, to engineering and product.
- An avid champion of user research, design principles, a continuous learner, and a team player who understands that process, critique, and iterations are as important as the final solution.
- Constantly curious, always looking for problems to solve and ways to improve yourself, the team and the product.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal oversight. You relish autonomy and are comfortable working in ambiguity.
- A leader by example. You're able to push and challenge others to adopt design thinking processes.
- A team player who knows when and how to extract constructive feedback from different
- Build and help define the vision of how the Battlefy platform works, feels, looks and interacts.
- Have the autonomy to own and challenge the entire product design process, from requirements gathering & user research to wireframing, paper prototypes & high-fidelity mockups.
- Help define the role of design in the company with an open-minded management team.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Marketing & Sales on a daily basis, explaining design choices and trade-offs.
- Conduct user research and gather quantitative data to support product design decisions.
- Design beautiful interfaces which show only the amount of visual information necessary, no more no less.
- After release, pinpoint where optimization, user research and analytics can be most effective for driving subsequent iterations.
- Experience extreme career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship from a talented, diverse team.
- Experience working in an agile, inter-disciplinary collaborative environment to see the implementation of designs through product development
- 3-5 years experience shipping digital products
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating high-quality, thoughtful deliverables that are customer-focused, simple and intuitive
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, and prototyping tools
- Worked in a startup environment and are used to wearing different hats
- Are experienced in organizing and playing in esports tournaments
- Attempted (even if it failed) your own venture
At Battlefy, you will be instrumental in fostering the team to rise up and become legends. While doing so you’ll receive a competitive salary, flexible hours, medical & dental benefits, and unlimited vacation time. Most importantly though, you will receive the support of a talented, warm and welcoming family that shares your passion and enthusiasm for building a legacy in esports.
- Competitive salary with comprehensive extended health and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Company laptop
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work hours
- Helpful and friendly team
- Dog friendly office
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Social fridays (and board games!) to destress with the team
- Working with the support of a talented, warm and welcoming family that shares your passion and enthusiasm in building a legacy in esports
- And much more!
Thank you for your interest in Battlefy! Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Battlefy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.