(Closed) Front-end Developer
In Vancouver, the Engineering team is building world-class software to ensure our global customers, players, and organizers have a great experience on Battlefy.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
- A passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited creative technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion
- A relentless advocate for engineering excellence, dedicated to coaching and mentoring others
- A product thinker, who balances user pains and business needs while being pragmatic in making data driven decisions
- A meticulous designer with an eye for pixel-perfect detail, able to empathize with users to craft amazing UIs
- An expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to collaborate with sales, marketing, UX, product managers and other engineers
- Engineer scalable and maintainable software to meet the application and infrastructure needs of the Battlefy platform
- Collaborate with product designers to design, prototype, test, and iterate on the product's UI
- Wear many hats working across Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Design.
- Continually set personal and professional goals and do everything in your power to surpass them
- Grow the Battlefy culture, from posting to #dev about good engineering patterns to posting in #designs about the latest Nielson Norman usability study. You embody our values of one team, drive and sportsmanship
- You have built complex responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- You have demonstrated design ability, and have a portfolio of products that you've designed the UI of
- You have a strong knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- You have worked in a fast growth environment where your pace and hustle was key to getting the right things done
- You know what technical debt is pragmatic and when to make trade-offs between architectural purity and reality
- You either know or are able to demonstrate that you can master the following:
- React, Vue or similar modern frontend libraries
- HTML5 / CSS3
Bonus Points if you…
- Have experience in organizing or competing in esports tournaments
- Write blog posts
- Built a style guide
- Do tech talks at local Vancouver events
- Ran your own venture (even if it failed)
What you’ll get
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Your choice of equipment (laptop)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...