(Closed) QA Analyst
- Collaborates with the project QCPM to design and develop test strategies to maintain high quality on assigned products.
- Identifies tools and sets up test environment to assure functionality and compliance to 1st party and industry standards.
- Participates in training of CQC staff, documents and promotes department best practices.
- Ensures that teams have the correct builds to test and sends out notifications as necessary.
- Analyzes test data and provides reporting and risk assessment to Project Manager.
- Coordinates and manages testing with outsource test teams and internal QC staff.
- Manages the bug database for internal and external teams.
- Maintains open, professional communication with project management, external partners, marketing, sales localization, etc.
- Expert knowledge of 1st party requirements, processes and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of ratings board processes and procedures.
- Performs special projects as needed.
Quality Assurance Lead (12 Month Contract Position)
This position is a contingent staff position and employed by an external agency in service for Bandai Namco Entertainment America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute test schedule for quality control checkpoints for our worldwide release products as laid out by the assigned project QCPM.
- Advise department leadership on new process evaluation and development.
- Understand 1st party requirements and consumer use cases and develop QA approach to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Assist with the training and peer mentoring of contract CQC staff. Foster department best practices.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation for new and existing platforms.
- Research project compliance issues and communicate/escalate as needed.
- Assist the QCPM in coordinating with internal QC staff to ensure adequate and efficient testing is performed in order to qualify builds for code submission.
- Manage and coordinate functional and compliance testing with external vendors under the advisory of the project QCPM.
- Under the supervision of the QCPM, coordinate compatibility testing with external vendors to manage and determine minimum spec and validate recommended specs for PC titles.
- Assist the QPCM to communicate project status to project stakeholders worldwide via daily reports, video calls and on-site meetings.
- Manage and review functional and compliance bugs for accuracy and validity.
- Help to maintain knowledge database of project information and best practices of the QA discipline as necessary (Confluence).
- Propose and implement improvements to our existing processes and tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
- Assist with 1st party research as requested.
- Provide QCPM with feedback on potential compliance or design issues that violate 1st party requirements.
- Participate in ratings submission packet prep (ESRB & DJCTQ) including assisting with the review of early assets in order to provide the development team with feedback and guidance to achieve ratings in accordance with our sales and marketing strategy.
- Assist the QCPM in compiling content and data for project post mortems.
- Review and approve test plans from external vendors.
- Review product packaging components to assure adherence to 1st party requirements.
- Escalate potential legal and licensing issues to the project QCPM.
- 1st party standards review.
- Facilitate build deliveries for internal and external teams.
- Legacy project support.
- Manage/oversee task execution by external QA staff.
- Participate in the peer mentoring of internal contractor staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintain an understanding of all game genres and possess an intuitive understanding of what impacts the end user experience.
- Keep current with new and emerging game software technologies.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum one year QA testing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of QA processes.
- One completed project, per 1st party, in the role of Lead Tester or equivalent.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®.