Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager will work effectively with marketing & product development teams to improve the company's market positioning. They will be responsible for promoting BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's console and free-to-play products/brands both internally and externally for the company by initiating, supporting, and promoting media coverage. Position will also work with outside PR agency for support.
*The Public Relations Manager is a 12 Month Contract Position. *This position is a contingent staff position and employed by an external agency in service for Bandai Namco Entertainment America. *Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. *Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute PR campaigns throughout the lifecycle of a product and/or franchise.
- Work in conjunction with BNEA Social Media team and manage projects with external PR agency.
- Work with mobile PR on overlapping products and/or franchises.
- Communicate product information to print, online, and broadcast media (consumer and gaming)
- Write all press materials including press releases, media alerts, and pitch letters.
- Plan and coordinate press events and tours.
- Respond to press inquiries and create opportunities for additional product coverage.
- Build solid relationships with print, online, and broadcast press (consumer and gaming) to foster media support of BANDAI NAMCO products
- Coordinate with internal departments (Brand Marketing, Production, BNEI partners., etc.) to coordinate interviews, obtain product materials, information, and approvals as well as ensure strategies/messaging are aligned
- Promote products and brands both within the company and outside the company.
No supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 + years relevant experience in Public Relations within the video game and/or entertainment industry
- Proven track record of executing impactful PR campaigns.
- Knowledge of video games and the video game market.
- Familiarity with both the gaming enthusiast press and consumer media.
- Experience working at a Japanese company or video game publisher
- Experience working in a PR Agency is a plus
- Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills.
- Excellent spokesperson and presentation skills.
- Not required, but preferred - video game playing ability.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Public Relations within the video game and/or entertainment industry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry's top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®.