Online Publishing Game Tester
The Online Publishing Game Tester is responsible for verifying and validating game features, reporting anomalies in multiple environments, and communicating them clearly to the production team as part of their day to day operations.
The Online Publishing Game Tester is a 12 Month Contract Position. This position is a contingent staff position and employed by an external agency in service for Bandai Namco Entertainment America. Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute test plans for titles with various degrees of online components
- Exhibit swift transitions between projects ranging from alpha to live operations
- Respond quickly to claimed fixed issues before patches/updates are published
- Communicate and collaborate with Production, Quality Assurance, and Customer Support
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Experience testing PC and Console games with online service features
- Experience in testing games with a GaaS business model
- Experience creating Test Plans for client and server features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity using various Bug Databases including Jira
- Familiarity with MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word
- High School graduate or equivalent. A. or some college course work strongly preferred.
- Minimum one year QA testing experience. 2 or more years of experience in a video game testing position is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of QA processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at our website.